CrackedDSM

• Forum Cowboy
    • Talon TSI AWD
    • Head: 2G (small ports)
    • Motor: 4G64 2.4L (tall deck)
    • Turbo: FP Big28
Finally Deleted my FB...
« on: December 20, 2014, 05:42:05 PM »
I feel liberated.  I've been wanting to do this for some time now, but never got around to it.  Feels good to finally step away from all the BS though.  Anyone else delete their FB or avoid it altogether?
06 Honda Accord EX V6 - Daily
1995 Talon TSI AWD Auto - Project Buzzkill (longrod 4G64T)

hakcenter

• developer
Re: Finally Deleted my FB...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 08:48:42 PM »
I never had facegay, I don't believe in 'social networking'. Who the fuck cares what you're eating right now, or that you're taking a dump.

Seriously felt like robbing most of my friends cause they would update every few minutes where they were, so if they weren't home well... easy stealinings.

But in all honesty, social networking is just a gimmick that people use to socialize in what they believe is a safer way. I can say whatever I want online, to the people I know, without any repercussions, which we all know is actually false anyways, so why encourage the behavior ? I believe that a lot of people wanted to see how much information the common idiot would actually reveal about themselves, because deep down most people are just attention whores.

Like most women on youtube do what ? Top down, open booby shot videos, why ? /sigh

I just disagree with the whole mentality, no one wants to know, if they did they would just fucking ask you. For fucking reelzy.

I wouldn't have friends on my facebook (if i had one), that wouldn't be in my phone. So why would I need yet another tool to inform the people I already communicate with ?

^^ the above crap is just so rampant even in the church I'm in, and it bothers me deeply. They talk about how it's a tool, and blah blah blah blah. When it comes right down to it, its just another piece of shit time sink in your life. You can only have so many friends, you can only spend so much time with them, choose wiser ways to use your time. End of story.

Eventually the church will learn, hopefully sooner than later, that all the people that use facegay through the church, are the same exact people they are talking to at church, so the fucking thing is completely and utterly useless except for the fact that third party is just using all the information for whatever they want, who cares. I don't want to get into the whole tin foil, aluminati, but at some point you gotta ask yourself, what is the fucking point. It serves literally no purpose.

Unless, and not only will I entertain, but I will actually argue the idea that Facebook is honestly designed to disconnect people from people, in the real world.

Want to call your friend and find out what they are doing ? Check their facebook, damn they are at disney land.
Want to goto your friends house ? Check their facebook, damn they are out eating
Want to talk to your friend ? Message them or write on their facebook wall, without consequences!
Want to invite your friend to something ? Use facebook to invite them.

You see where this is going. And I honest to god, think that is the main idea. It gets kind of scary when you think of it that way, and it is a really bad thing. We are living in a world where we are loosing our humanity, look around. No one is looking up or straight, they all got their heads and eyes on a screen.

Want to sit down and eat with your family, +phones, +tv, +squirrel
Want to go for a walk ? +phone, +pandora, +whatever the fuck

The world is just dissolving around people and no body seems to understand whats happening to our youth ?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 09:01:18 PM by hakcenter »
AMP 2 Corinthians 8:21
For we take thought beforehand and aim to be honest and absolutely above suspicion, not only in the sight of the Lord but also in the sight of men.

Kapok6

• WEREWOLF Owner
  • Disposable Speed Machine
    • Eclipse GSX
    • Motor: 4G63 2.0L
    • Turbo: HTA DSM76
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 05:55:27 AM »
Facebook is love. Facebook is life.

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD-Wiseco HD 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, ACL Race bearings, 2g small port head,  GSC S2 cams, MAP Ultimate Duty springs/ Evo retainers, HTA DSM76 @ 30psi, FIC 1550's, Apex'i N1 turbo back exhaust, Konis w/ GC's, megan sturt bars, poly mounts/bushings

CrackedDSM

• Forum Cowboy
    • Talon TSI AWD
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 07:14:18 AM »
All hail the hypnotoad. 

acrazyjohnny

• JACKAL Owner
    • Talon TSI AWD
    • Head: 1G (large ports)
    • Turbo: 16G DYING
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 07:30:49 PM »
now a days our youth dont have an imagination or people skills like we were forced to have. now we have video games that take all the thinking and imagination out of everything. kids no longer go outside to play they sit behind a tv for hours and play video games or stuck to their Isomething .we as parents (i speak for myself ) cant do anything because thats what they see therefore that's what they want,  unless you want a kid that starts disliking you at a early age  prepare for a bad ass teenager.

now lets get on the discussion of how girls dress nowadays (i have a 3 year old daughter) i know its not completly their fault the cloths they make now has far less material now then in the past. a girl would be suspended from school in 1995 wearing an outfit now sold in most stores and seen on an everyday bases.but that is the world we live in now

Kapok6

• WEREWOLF Owner
    • Eclipse GSX
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 05:18:27 AM »
Explanation is easy.  Humans are prone to self destruction.  If there is a way to destroy ourselves, well gosh darn it, we will find it.
1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD-Wiseco HD 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, ACL Race bearings, 2g small port head,  GSC S2 cams, MAP Ultimate Duty springs/ Evo retainers, HTA DSM76 @ 30psi, FIC 1550's, Apex'i N1 turbo back exhaust, Konis w/ GC's, megan sturt bars, poly mounts/bushings

hakcenter

• developer
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 05:43:10 PM »

i died laughing
AMP 2 Corinthians 8:21
For we take thought beforehand and aim to be honest and absolutely above suspicion, not only in the sight of the Lord but also in the sight of men.

CrackedDSM

• Forum Cowboy
    • Talon TSI AWD
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 06:06:01 PM »

i died laughing

Hahahahahahaha, awesome. 

red97rum

• WEREWOLF Owner
    • Talon TSI AWD
    • Turbo: Borg Warn
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 12:20:54 PM »
I am amazed at how stupid the kids are now a days, I swear.  Absofuckinglutely zero common sense and they are a bunch of pansy ass sissies. 
Auto Swapped
[email protected] in the 1/8th

2.3colt

• WEREWOLF Owner
    • Colt
    • Motor: 4G63 2.3L (stroked)
    • Turbo: evoIII 16
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 02:58:42 PM »
I am amazed at how stupid the kids are now a days, I swear.  Absofuckinglutely zero common sense and they are a bunch of pansy ass sissies.

I 1000% agree... and they are also the wave of the future... so fat this is the only thing in the world that makes me glad im semi old and wont live to see it all self destruct.

it all starts with a tablet and cell phone by age 6.  :shit storm

Steve

CrackedDSM

• Forum Cowboy
    • Talon TSI AWD
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 05:10:09 PM »
Good lord what have I done!

But hey, at least we got the good old members commenting again! :D

Kapok6

• WEREWOLF Owner
    • Eclipse GSX
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 06:39:50 AM »
Hi.  My name is Ryan, and I have a social media problem.

whitebread

• Talon TSI AWD
    • Turbo: 16g
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 05:36:36 PM »
I think about doing the same constantly. Really only use it as a photo album for car stuff lol. Somehow im still amazed by the things posted on nearly a daily basis. Its like a train wreck, you just cant look away.