he351cw holset

92laserturbo

• Other
    • Head: 1G (large ports)
    • Motor: 4G63 2.0L
    • Turbo: hx35
he351cw holset
« on: October 13, 2013, 06:00:52 PM »
so ive been doing a lot of research on this turbo I got for free the other day and every thing I have found so far says its basically an hy35 turbine housing and a 7blade hx40 compressor housing. with a 4" exhaust instead of 3" with the hy35.

I have found conflicting information as far as flow rates of this turbo from between 55lb/min to 69lb/min that's a pretty big gap I think.

I have found that the 1st and 2nd gen cummins guys love them because they spool faster than the hx35 and flow a lot more air. and these things have made 550whp on the common rail trucks they come on!!!!!

But I have found only one person that has put one of these on a dsm. and I don't believe he completed it.

My truck will have 2g/1g pistons/rods. mild head work and stock cams to help with spool time. it will be on e85 and im shooting for 500rwhp. ive not decided on my fuel set up as of yet either ( im still gathering parts for my build).

I was wondering what your guys thoughts are on it? im planning on running it anyways but just wondering on what you might think spool up rpm would be and power potential ect.

red97rum

• Talon TSI AWD
    • Turbo: Borg Warn
Re: he351cw holset
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
There's a guy on dsmtuners, bastarddsm if I remember right, that ran one of these on his 1G.  He made around 600whp on the thing on a 2.0.  I was really looking into getting one of these turbos months ago, it wasn't the fastest spooling thing if I remember right (close to 5000rpm) but made great power.  The only weird thing is that giant 4" turbine outlet makes fabbing up an O2 housing/downpipe a little difficult.  I believe you can mate it to a t3 turbine housing from an hy to get around that headache.   
Auto Swapped
[email protected] in the 1/8th

92laserturbo

• Other
    • Turbo: hx35
Re: he351cw holset
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 12:16:41 AM »
i snagged the down pipe with the turbo. i was under the impression that it would spool by like 3500-4000 since it has the same turbine section as a hy35 with a higher flowing exhaust and compressor housing. so it should spool like a hx35. but we will see and its gonna be awhile before its done. probably spring time.

But i do know that the hy35 spools faster than the hx35.  :shit storm

I know that on the diesel any way the he351 spools just as fast as the hx35 i pulled off of the truck and pulls way harder. from no traction when you shift from 2nd-3rd, to no traction at all in 3rd and spin a little in 4th lol. (12 valve cummins 5speed)

if it works like crap then il sell it to a diesel guy or make a turbine engine out of it lol.