DS-MAP

Anything that has gone wrong with your car.

1g20g

• Talon TSI AWD
    • Head: 2G (small ports)
    • Motor: 4G63 2.0L
    • Turbo: hx40/35
Anything that has gone wrong with your car.
« on: January 31, 2011, 11:31:37 AM »
Post up what has gone wrong are something dumb that you have done, and plans on how to fix it.

Ill start out. First a blown head gasket no big deal take if off take apart and take to machine shop.
News as of today from machine shop. The cylinder head is below spec and can not be milled. Two exhaust vaules are shot. The cam towers and top of the head are even warpped.(didnt even know that could happen)

So dropping off my other cylinder head in a couple mins to see what can be done. Ordered new SS vaules stock size. If this fails This car will no longer be 4g powered it will be powered by a power plant that has been running laps in my head to do something different and will no longer be awd just rwd.
FWD-DEAD
AWD- kelford 288s, jmf drag intake, 2g head with beehives OS valves, Borg Warner s366, rest is still in the works(currently running auto with t3 hx40/35 hybrid)

vigilart

• Talon TSI AWD
    • Head: 1G (large ports)
    • Turbo: evo3 16g
Re: Anything that has gone wrong with your car.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 01:53:42 PM »
Lets see, in the past few weeks my car blew a heater hose on the way to work.  I fixed that with brand new hoses.  When the hose blew, coolant seepped down onto my flywheel via the starter hole.  Now my clutch needs to be replaced (slipping).  And to make things even worse I was doing some logging the other day and my stock radiator erupted.  So I am waiting on my mishimoto radiator and fans.  I think i'll see if maybe coolant will burn off clutch or spray it down with brake cleaner before I replace it (crossing fingers!!). :(
1992 eagle talon tsi, stock block and head, evo III 16g, large fmic, 3" turbo back exhaust, fp race mani, 750cc inj, wali 255 pump w/rewire, fuel pressure regulator, aem wideband,

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:56:02 PM »
i bought a dsm once ??  :-X
AMP 2 Corinthians 8:21
For we take thought beforehand and aim to be honest and absolutely above suspicion, not only in the sight of the Lord but also in the sight of men.

1g20g

• Talon TSI AWD
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 02:06:20 PM »
i bought a dsm once ??  :-X

LOL want another??? Sell it cheap even ship it to ya.
FWD-DEAD
AWD- kelford 288s, jmf drag intake, 2g head with beehives OS valves, Borg Warner s366, rest is still in the works(currently running auto with t3 hx40/35 hybrid)

92talontsibryce

• Talon TSI AWD
    • Turbo: small 16g
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 02:57:02 PM »
Well i have had alot wrong with my car from the very beginning and the last thing i fixed was my high oil pressure issues. I ported the oil relief hole and installed an oil pressure gauge and all seems to be well but looks like my turbo has already suffered the damage as its burning off coolant like a mofo so ill be replacing the seal in the turbo again since i just rebuilt it and hopefully all will be well. (fingers crossed)

Bryce
Small 16g at 17psi , full apexi exhaust, casey's fmic, tial bov, 650cc injectors, evo valvetrain, evo 9 pistons on 1g rods, arp headstuds, fel-pro headgasket, act 2600 w/ street disk, evo 8 fuel pump rewired, lc-1 wideband, and jackal.

Airmail96

• Talon TSI AWD
    • Turbo: HX-40
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 05:26:46 PM »
So I am on my 3rd transfer case after my first one was replaced with a brand new one from mitsu, but that meet an untimely demise by blowing a seal and leaking dry.  Now this third one is leaking. 

Fixed the leak though by ordering the rebuild kit with the updated yoke :-). 

Feed ling from the stock sending unit broke.  Fixed by replacing with a full blown dual pump hanger and a STM -6an fuel line to the rail. 

Transmission is popping out of reverse.  Have a spare transmission on stand-by, I have tried adjusting the cables, just wound up loctiting it.
Jason
Buschur Stage 1 block, T/S HX-40 (Billet 8 Blade), -6an feed/Return line, Buschur AFPR, walboro 255x2 rewired, Hawver Intake Manifold, FIC Hi-z 1680CC, FP2s, Tial Q,  Tial MV-S x2, 3 bar, AEM adjustable cam gears

John_H

• Talon TSI AWD
    • Turbo: gt3076r
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 06:09:37 PM »
left water and Water Wetter in when it got cold once.  Chunk of ice formed in the lower rad hose.  Over heated.

Was too aggressive on tuning for too long and had no datalogger.  Melticated a piston and bent a rod.

themadcheshire

• Talon TSI AWD
    • Turbo: 14b
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 10:54:53 PM »
Recently my 14b took a dump and started leaking oil from the chra. Decided it was just due and bought a 16g. Slapped it on and all seemed well, drove home and smoked slightly, figured it was oil in the ic piping. Next morning was smoking like crazy. Let the turd warm up for like 20 mins before driving home that night and has since been sleeping. Going to finish sentra and then worry about it.  Figure I've got a high oil pressure problem,even though its been working fine for over a year and the oil relief valve is ported.  I'm hoping the valve is just stuck.  *sigh*

-cheshire
In order to make this work, I have to change 2 things;  one of them is the Laws of Physics.  Dammit..

1992 tsi awd, Jackal, JAW, FMIC, 680cc, 3 inch turbo back, 255 walbro, comp clutch and lightweight flywheel,  aem truboost, cyclone manifold.

boostedalex

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 08:24:09 PM »
When I had the timing belt replaced on my car, the guys installing it forgot to tighten the crank pulley and it jumped timing. Picking up my replacement head/ported 2G manifold tomorrow and ordering a few other parts this weekend.

Jon

• Talon TSI AWD
    • Turbo: 16g
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 07:19:24 PM »
I'm with Hak on this one.  I've had mine heck I think 2 years now and it still in the same spot in my yard.  I get the itch every couple months to spend a couple days wrenching on it, then run out of money or find something better to toy with.  I'll get it there someday.

1g20g

• Talon TSI AWD
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 08:15:31 AM »
Took my motor out my car and transmission, missing almost every bolt the cv axles are trash. Waiting on my new 2g head from Kapok6, hopefully this on is in good condition.
FWD-DEAD

CrackedDSM

• Talon TSI AWD
    • Motor: 4G64 2.4L (tall deck)
    • Turbo: FP Big28
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 07:31:04 AM »
Had a pretty hilarious/stupid mistake happen yesterday.  I was test fitting a custom cold air intake that I made from 3" aluminum piping.  There was a small 90 degree bend that connected to the current intake pipe I have now, that put the air filter in the stock SMIC location.  Well, I tightened the air filter, but didn't put any clamps on the 3" coupler(it was a 1 layer silicone coupler, cheap eGay stuff) because I didn't plan to move the car at all.  I was going to grab some 3" clamps and when I got my IAT in the mail was going to tighten everything down.

Well, I completely forgot about it as a few days passed, and I went outside to test my logging cable out to see if it worked(old pocket logger cable + null modem and keyspan adapter = logger!!).  Well, I was so excited that I got it to work, I felt like making a small log to see if I was knocking and what my timing was at.  Well. I got about 10 feet down the road, and I felt like I had hit something in the street.  I turn and look to see what it was..and there is the 90 degree pipe with my filter sitting on it, in the middle of the road. 

I about died laughing.  Could not believe I had done something so stupid.  The filter was perfectly fine, but the pipe was mushed flat.  ;D
06 Honda Accord EX V6 - Daily
1995 Talon TSI AWD Auto - Project Buzzkill (longrod 4G64T)

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 10:21:42 AM »
Reminds me when my cat fell off the pipe (before i had butt clamps on) and i almost ran it over.. atleast it only shot out lol  <:(
For we take thought beforehand and aim to be honest and absolutely above suspicion, not only in the sight of the Lord but also in the sight of men.

1g20g

• Talon TSI AWD
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 08:22:26 PM »
Cant fins stupid bolts anyone got any sources? need transfer case bolts and motor to transmission willing to pay i dont have time to really go to a yard and look for them.
FWD-DEAD

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 09:01:45 PM »
Cant fins stupid bolts anyone got any sources? need transfer case bolts and motor to transmission willing to pay i dont have time to really go to a yard and look for them.

Bolt shop ? Satan ?  >:D :shakefist